Friday, October 29, 2010

Watching the World Series

As many Dallasites know, the Texas Rangers made it to the World Series 2010. This is an amazing experience for us. But as you all know (because you read my blog) I'm in Israel. So watching the World Series has been very difficult mainly because of the time difference. I didn't get the chance to watch Game 1 because I had classes the next day.  All I saw was that my team lost and I learned that Aaron Sherman (a madrich) is a Giants fan. I went out until 2 in the morning so I could come back and actually watch the game. The TV room was locked so I sat with some friends until 2:30. Then I went up to my room and watched the game from my computer. I started watching at the bottom of the 3rd inning, the score was 0-0. I watched until the bottom of the 5th and I almost fell asleep. So I exited out of the game and went to sleep. When I woke up, I saw the unfortunate score. The first thing that popped into my head was a line from the Sandlot, "You're killing me Smalls." However in this case, Smalls is equivalent to the Rangers.

I appreciate that my mom sent me the ALCS shirt and a pair of Texas Rangers earrings just in time for the World Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment