Thursday, October 7, 2010

Simchat Torah, Assassins, Sculptures, Sushi, Crosswords and more

SIMCHAT TORAH
Simchat Torah was a lot of fun. I didn't go to shul erev Simchat Torah, but in the morning I went to an Egalitarian Orthodox shul called Yedidyah. When we girls were in the women's section, we met a girl a few years older than us who happened to have been on Nativ 24. She told us "if you guys get fat on Nativ, you will lose it by the end of the program." We found that to be very random. Also at shul, we ran into Chaiim. It was so much fun to see him again and again and again (too bad he's going to Australia now).

ASSASSINS
We have just begun the game of assassins where we all receive a clothespin with someone's name on it and the goal is to grab the clothespin without anyone seeing you take it. If you take it, you killed someone and go after their target and so on...
I was killed and I've been helping those that are alive and joking around with my friends still in the game about how they can see dead people

SCULPTURES
There is a sculpture in Liberty Bell Park of an alligator. Last time I was here, the task was to look at the entire sculpture from the tail. ( it's quite amusing and I encourage you all to come to Israel not just to see the sculpture but to see how fantastic it is)

SUSHI
Girls night out was originally to a sushi bar called Japanika. Because there were 6 of us on a Saturday night, they didn't have the room for us and were taking people before us even though we were on the list. So we ditched Japanika and walked down the road to another sushi bar called Tsunami. It was delicious. So many combinations. The edemamme bowl was enormous. It was superb.

CROSSWORDS
In the lobby of the old building (my building) there is the largest crossword puzzle in the world. The challenge is to have the most words in your track, so they separate each track by color. It's quite the challenge when there are 5 people all looking to solve the clues in the book and there are only 3 colors.

MORE...
I finished my finals for the minimester. I am getting my cartilege pierced today. There are bed bugs at Beit Nativ (no mattresses right now). I bought stickers. and finally...
I MADE IT INTO THE ISRAELI LITERATURE CLASS!!!!
Let me explain. This class is limited to up to 25 students. All the students who signed up for this class were wait listed. Because the semester starts on Sunday, they had the lottery of all the students last night. Today they sent out emails to those who for sure got it. I am one of the lucky 25. It's like getting the Golden Ticket only 5 times better...[haha joke 5 times better because 5 X 5 = 25 and there's 25 in the class]
I love my humor sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment