Thursday, September 23, 2010

There's a Fly in My Soup

For the first night of Sukkot, I was hosted with 3 other people for dinner. 2 of the 4 had originally planned to go. The other 2 claimed they were sick  (actually they were just hungover) so I and one other person took their spot. Yesterday morning, I and 4 people went to the Shuk [like a farmer's market] and we bought a few things. When we got back to base, we learned we had missed lunch so we went off to get Moshiko's [Falafel Fast Food] and eat it in the park. After, we realized stores would be closing down soon and we needed to get a bottle of wine for our host family. My group brought Moscato. Once we got to our host family's extended family's house, we sat down in the Sukkah and began talking with 2 of the 7 children and 1 guest. Apparently the guest we were talking to knew a couple of the people on our trip, including my roommate. When the soup was brought out, i found a fly in it. The meal was so delicious. The rule was: my side of the table started with the food then passed it down to the other end of the table. What a process. Last night, a few of us decided to fufill the mitzvah of sleeping in the sukkah. It was so much fun.We all went to sleep by 4:30, woke up at 7 (because people were coming down to eat breakfast) and I went back to my room to sleep some more.

I'm a little nervous for desert survival (hopefully I'll get through it)

No comments:

Post a Comment