Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Squat and Thrust

Today was the audition for Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat. I didn't actually plan to audition, I just wanted to choreograph because I was told they needed a choreographer. Well at 4:00, I went to the audition and found out that even the people who were doing tech work also had to audition...Well of course I didn't have a song prepared, so what did I pull out of my pocket? Strangely, not Avenue Q. But "Popular" from Wicked. At one point, the director stopped me, made me sing "Happy Birthday". Then, he made me seduce a chair (probably to see if I had a shot at being Potaphar's wife). So I seduce the chair (which I was told afterwards was very well dong...slightly scary thought). Because I was the only dancer present at today's audition, he asked me to do a jete. I thought this was the most simple task. I was right, it was, even while wearing jeans. So the director might actually let me choreograph. He asked us to come to tomorrow's audition so it would be easier to figure out parts. I'm excited to see how the people do tomorrow. I'm bringing more than the 2 people minimum he wanted us to bring for tomorrow's audition.
I can't wait for that

No comments:

Post a Comment