Thursday, September 2, 2010

Orientation, Drinking, and Soccer

Today was orientation for the minimester at Hebrew U.
It went pretty well.. start off with the boring stuff and get that out of the way for the more interesting things.

My group began with getting our Student ID's. My picture turned out decently.
Next we had lunch at the Frank Sinatra Cafe.
Then we took a short campus tour. (Our tour guide was rather unpleasant.)
and finally, we learned a litle bit about the computers in the library.

By this point, it's only 14:45 and we are pooped. But of course there is the soccer game tonight.
Qualifying game for the Eurogames in 2012..Israel vs. Malta. It's kind of a big deal.

I could have paid 22 shekels to go, but I was too tired.
Alone time is always good tho.
One roommate at the game, the other out shopping with a friend.
The only noise I hear right now is the honking of the cars in the city of Jerusalem..
The honking is worse here than in Times Square.

Now being 18 has it's benefits of course.
One being that in Israel, I am legal to drink.
So last night I did.
I went to a jazz bar with 10 other people and drank half a beer (I hate the taste)
Funny how I was the only one out of 11 who wasn't buzzed or even tipsy.
Go Me!!
It's amusing to see other people tipsy

Once the kids who went to the game get back, I may go out with them and just walk around.
I'm liking this freedom of no curfew.
I'll just have to find out what time the hike tomorrow is.

No comments:

Post a Comment