Friday, September 3, 2010

Good Shabbas

This morning was quite interesting. We started off with a nice little holy shit hike.
It was only an hour long hike so it wasn't too bad. Plus, we were going the easy way (downhill) as opposed to the hard way (uphill). How nice of the madrichim (guides). While we waited for the buses, we attempted to play a game called Multi-Samari Intergalactic. It was actually quite fun, but with 93 people it was difficult. So we broke into mini circles. My mini circle played Rabble Dabble. (I only made one mistake).
After the hike, we all went to lunch in the mall. I had pizza at the Big Apple Pizza. It was actually really good. Then my roommates and I went on a search for hangers and storage bins (which of course we couldn't find) but we had fun looking for it.
After we all got back from the hike/lunch, we had some free time...forgive me. It's no longer free time, it's decision making time (whether we decide to sleep, go out, read, etc...) and I decided to go to the Shuk (farmer's market) with some friends. I finally exchanged my money and will now be able to buy things with cash.
We got back and of my friends had bought too many hangers, so he gave me some. Good thing too, or else I would not have been able to keep my nice clothes from wrinkling.
Getting ready for Shabbat is always fun. We start off with telling each other stories of what we did today during decision making time. Then the first roommate takes a shower. We wait a bit then the next person showers. Then, we wait a bit longer and the third one showers. All in this time, the two who aren't showering are in the process of getting ready as well. At this point, I have 20 minutes left and all I have left to do is put on a skirt and put some shoes on. My makeup is nice and done (even though my mother forgot to pack makeup sponges in my makeup bag) but it's on and it looks nice.

Good Shabbas.
-DRK

No comments:

Post a Comment