Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend in Tel Aviv

This past weekend, I planned to spend the weekend in Tel Aviv (the New York of Israel) and planned to see my friend, Ben, on the Kibbutz track. I got to the CBS (central bus station) in Karmiel with a few minutes to spare. I took the direct bus to Tel Aviv. I waited around the CBS for Ben to arrive. Once he arrived, we headed to the hostel where we were staying. We couldn't check in yet, so we walked to the beach then had lunch. After lunch, we headed back to the hostel to check in and ran into our friend Aaron, from the Yerucham track. We checked in, walked around then had sushi for dinner. After sushi, we went to this amazing yogurt place. Saturday, Ben had an ultimate frisbee tournament, so I just tagged along. I sat around for 5 hours while he played. But it wasn't a total waste of time, I did get some sun. After the tournament, we had Subway. I never realized how much I missed Subway. Instead of ordering a footlong, I ordered a 30 cm sandwich. After dinner, we headed to the CBS to catch our buses back to our locations. My bus was at 9:15 from the 7th floor, platform 5. I said bye to Ben and went to wait for my bus. Somehow, the bus left from a different platform than I was told. I had to quickly rush downstairs and catch a bus to Haifa and figure out how to get to Karmiel from there. I had bought a ticket for 51 NIS. The driver looked at me with a puzzled look on his face, so I explained that the ticket was for the direct line to Karmiel. He told me that he normally drives the direct route I needed to Karmiel, but was doing the Haifa route that night. Fortunately, he told me that I would ride to Haifa, then to the Mercazit Hamifratz. Get off there, wait 20 min, and he would drive the bus to Karmiel. It worked out in the end. I didn't realize how lucky I was until then because I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have that driver. I got back later than expected, but it didn't cause any problems. All in all, this weekend was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment