Saturday, February 12, 2011

Karmiel

For my second semester in Israel, I am living in Karmiel. Karmiel is up in the north in the Gallile.
Here's a map of the area as a reference point.
Here in Karmiel, we do volunteer work. These jobs include MDA (Magen David Adom, which is like the Red Cross in Israel), teaching English at the elementary schools and high schools, working at the Gan (kindergarten), working at the soup kitchen, working with animals, working at Akim (center for people with special needs), working at the K'far Yeladim (a village for kids with broken homes), and other various things. I spend my Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings teaching English at the high school. In the afternoons, I work at the K'far Yeladim. I live in the Mercaz Kleitah (the absorption center) in Karmiel. I have an apartment with 5 people here. My roommates are Debra, Dana, Ariel, and Rotem. We're a pretty good room if you ask me. We eat together, cook together, etc, basically everything you would do with apartmentmates.

This is the 5 of us about to sit down for our first homemade meal.
As more things happen, more will posted

No comments:

Post a Comment