Monday, March 14, 2011

MASA Leadership Week

This past week I was in Jerusalem for MASA's Leadership Week. It was a lot of fun. My program was the only full program that attended. Other programs in attendance were Young Judea Year Course, Aardvark, Bar-Ilan Israel Experience, Israel By Choice, Neve Yerushalayim, Ofek, Otzma, Real Life Israel, and others. At MASA Leadership Week, I met kids from USA, Canada, Argentina, Australia, Holland, Belgium, France, Germany, Lithuania and other countries. I was in Group 3 (aka BUELLER) and it was a bunch of kids who are going to Maryland next year and some other schools (like me...I'm going to Hofstra University). I went to a discussion group called Personal Communication which helps people with speaking skills and public speaking. I found it very useful. There was a special interest day one of the days. I chose Jewish Peoplehood which I found very useless because it taught me nothing about Jewish Peoplehood. Tuesday, we had 3 hours of free time in Jerusalem. I went to Ben Yehuda Street and met up with my friend, Yisrael. We went shopping for Purim costumes/accessories. Then we went to the shuk, and we met up with our friends Miriam and David. I bought a pair of fuzzy handcuffs, olives, dried avatiach (watermelon), strawberries (6 NIS for a kilo...good price). Candy, Dr. Pepper. I also got my package later that day (I LOVE YOU MOMMY AND DADDY). This package had my Purim costume (Tinker Bell), 3 boxes of Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, 1 box of Tag-a-Long Girl Scout Cookies, Dr. Pepper flavored chapstick, a pair of Toms shoes, Kosher Kitchen stickers, a new camera (for some much needed pictures), 2 boxes of Cheezits (Did you hear that Robert? My mom sent 2. You're supposed to send me 1), and a couple other things. This weekend is Purim and I'm really excited.
I'll let you know what happens next week

No comments:

Post a Comment