Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Time, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Girls Night Out

As a cast member from the show, I got a letter from Andrew Lloyd Webber. It says:

"Dear Mr. Berl and the cast of Joseph,

May I express my joy in hearing that students in Jerusalem are staging our production. It gives me particular pleasure to know that the presentation will be staged with the creativity and distinction that befits its standing in the music theater community. It is great to know that Joseph will be presented in the Holy City by dedicated and talented students, and that it will add to the holiday festivities in Israe. It was my first musical venture and remains close to my heart.

Know that I salute your efforts and will be interested in hearing of your success.

With the best wishes for a smash hit and the glorious fulfillment that comes with the performance. I remain,



Pretty cool, huh?

As you all know today is Christmas. But here in Israel, it doesn't feel like Christmas. Last night, a bunch of us Nativers tried to go to Midnight Mass at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Unfortunately, the church was full and we couldn't get in. We tried to go to another church, but you needed a ticket to get into that church. My friend, Tanya, and I decided to go to the Kotel (Western Wall) instead. Some background information for all of you: I feel no connection to the Wall at all. I see it as a wall that the Romans built and had every right to tear down. Jews idolize the wall (which is breaking the Second Commandment.)

Tonight the Carmiel girls had "Dessert and Wine" aka Girls Night Out. We had planned to go to this restaurant called Little Italy. We had made reservations for 20, but only 15 could show up. Right off the bat, we could tell it wouldn't be a great night. They were rude to us the second we walked in. You should never be rude to a paying customer. We sat down and ordered desserts and a bottle of wine. Then, the manager came up to us and yelled at us saying how this was a restaurant, not a coffee shop. That we had to order real food and spend 60 NIS each. So we all got up and left and walked next door to a restaurant/coffee shop called Cup-O-Joe. They had no problems with us there and the night went smoothly from then on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment